Friday, November 24, 2006

Colombia not edited

I went to Colombia to offer my daughters the opportunity to travel outside the country in an environmnt and with people I knew they would flourish around. I went to Columbia to give my girls the best and cheapest vacation I could. I went to Coloombia to explore and see for myself what Subud is. I went to Colombia because one of my dearest friends will be retiring there and I wanted insight into visiting... and her new life.

I went to colombia to show my daughters the whole world isn't white -- they live three miles from Danny Whiebread Quayle. I went to colombia because the state department said not to. I went to colombia to take cold showers if there was any water. I went to colombia to bbecome sick of coffee forever and ever. I went to colombia to get bitten by every conceivable insect and develop a sinus infrection headaches, and difficulty breathing which kept me in a bunk, which had me wonder how many more inches I had than the slave ships... at least I could go to the latrine when I went to Colombia to bleed in a foreign language. I went to Colombia to lwearn that I'm also allergic to Sulfa drugs and my legs swelled up like elephants. I went to colombia to sniff out some man who would put god above himself and maybe me.
I went to colombia to do some intense purification and difficult latihans. I went to colombia to be saturated with the Subud projects which showed such need in the world I fell ill again and again...about Algeria, Colombia, Ukraine, Ecuador, Peru, Indonesia... I qwanted so mcuh to do something, anything, give, give, and decided I could go home and weed my garden.
I went to colombia to see little boys carrying machine guns. I wentto Colombia to support a poor country's efforts at establishing a university. I went to Colombia to see a beautiful building. I went to colombia ato breathe clean air, take siestas during h=the day and listne to music and dancing all night. I went to Colombia to see the night sky from a different hemisphere. I went to Colombia to ba away from the noise of traffic... and we were three blocks from the Pan-Am highway. I went to Colombia to learn the native healers are angry about the war on drugs taking the healing coke plant our of their homes. It's possible I couldn't enjoy Colombia without the coke plant. I went to Colombia to witness customs practices upon leaving (which are U.S. inspired) which discourages tourism--I was frisked 5 times.
I went to Colombia to discover a frustration at peeping toms who carry guns and don't speak my language...
I countred every passing day until I could leave. My daughters didn't want to leave. They loved it. I went to Colombia for my daughters and Colombia. Never say anything bad about Colombia to my daughters! I came home to sunflowers 12 feet tall, tomatoes full fallen to the ground, corn stripped from the stalk--I hope it was good. I am in a jungle that needs lots of weeding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home