Sunday, August 20, 2006

jack, memories and writing

June,
I had lost track of Jack altogether but when I got my
computer in
the late nineties I typed into Yahoo people search "Jack
Sandy,Indianapolis"And his address and telephone number came up and I
called
him.We have been in contact ever since.
I first met Jack at a party on 8th street in San Jose. CA.in
1963.I
will never forget that day.A pretty blond 18 year old named Sue Black
said
she had just taken 22 Romalar capsules and handed me a hand full of
them.Not
to be out done by a blond 18 year old I took them.It was the worst most
oppressive high I have ever had.Jack later ended up going with Sue
Black.And
he had many fond memories of her .

Peter

+++++++++++++++++++

Oh no!…..This can’t be….. but it seems that it really is…..This is really such very sad news. I am so, so sorry to hear that Jack is gone, but I am grateful that you let me know. I just hope he didn’t suffer too much.

Jack and I met in 1970 in San Jose; I was a 19-year old college student at San Jose State and he was an articulate, interesting guy of about 34 who really impressed me with his intelligence…. I’ll send you some notes on “fond memories” later…I’m just too shook up right now. This is really a shock.

The last time I talked with Jack about 2 weeks ago, he was saying how he was “keeping busy” keeping up your daughter and the kids. I could tell he was really happy. I told him it was good for him to have company and especially kids around. I’m so glad he was able to enjoy life with you all.

I’ll be in touch again soon.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Sara Werry Baldwin
6719 Mercedes Ave.
Citrus Heights CA 95621
916 725-8410

*************************************************************


one of the last from JACK

BP has announced they will cut all production from Alaska due to a leak
in their pipeline. "We may have to repair over a 15 miles of pipeline,
and this could take months!"

With this, and other lame excuses, the price of crude oil has gone for
74 to 78 dollars per barrel. This will result in major price hikes at
the pumps!

In the first place, over 15 miles of pipeline doesn't start leaking at
once. A simple one day patch should repair an isolated leak. The
pipeline owner has been guilty of gross negligence in maintining the
line.

Secondly, I am sick of oil companies complaining about shortages, the
high price of crude oil, damage from hurricanes, etc., while posting the
largest profits in corporate history! Exxon-Mobil just posted a Quarter
term profit of 12 Billion dollars! Other major companies were not far
behind.

There ought to be a law: No corporation can post a profit beyond 20
percent until their gross operating costs are paid. Any profit over 20
percent should be reflected in reduced product prices, not in
stockholder benefits.

The cost of plant mantenance should come out of profits, not be paid for
by consumers. What the hell is British Petroleum doing in Alaska
anyway!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
June,
I am so sorry to here that Jack is gone.I met Jack in 1963,and
we
have been friends ever since.He was one of the most unique people I
ever
knew.He was pretty much the last person I e-mailed regularly and
received
messages from.Now there is only one person I have ties with who I knew
in
California from the old days. I have only Diane Vavra whom I have known
since 1961.
I must admit I worried about Jack and his survival ever since
he
told me of his lung cancer.And when he went off line a few months ago I
thought the worst.Who would have thought that after all he went through
in
this life that he would die by a freak accident.
The stories I could tell about Jack and what we shared over
the
years.I knew Jack and Kent and Stan Trout not long after they arrived
in
California from Indianapolis.
I hope Jack left you the house.I know you were a great comfort
to
him.


You
have my sympathy,

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0
June, here is an e-mail I sent to a frend of mine this morning.


I have known Jack since 1963.He was a very bright and
adventurous individual who had the ability to work at many diverse
jobs,from
well drilling to working in the CIA.The last time I saw him in person
was
when I bumped into him in line at the American consulate in Mexico city
in
1987.I was there to wire my mother for money.( I was manic at the time)
He
was there to wire for money also for he had been robbed in Guatamala
and
needed money to get back to the states.But he was not broke and took me
out
on the town after getting my clothes laundered and letting me use his
shower
in his hotel room.He loaned me twenty bucks American.
Jack had more energy than any one I ever knew.He lived next
door
to me in the country in California and one morning when I left for work
I
saw Jack with a few boards and his tools.When I came home that night he
had
a complete deck built on his adobe house including steps.He was quite a
carpenter.
He married a ballet dancer in Chicago and Annetta and I
visited
them in in 1968.We had rented a red Thunderbird and we all went to that
huge
museum of Science and Industry.It was 90 degrees at night and the
humidity
was incredible.Jack and I got drunk on brandy and keep trying to get
Margaret and Nettie to take off their clothes cause it was so hot.Soon
Jack
and I were sitting there naked and drunk and the girls were clothed
looking
at us like we were a couple of crazy jerks.
Jack was an alcoholic but was a functional one.He was 69 when
he
died.I will miss him a lot. It is the end of an era for me.


I have a terrible time typing.It takes me forever.I have bad hand
eye
co-ordination.I never took typing so I hunt and peck.But I will try to
send
some memories later,possibly some from my autobiography.

Peter
))))))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((((9

June, Jack and I grew up together. We had known each other since we were 10 years old. This hit me hard! If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Ron Grundon
Sedalia, Mo
___________________________________________--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home