Wednesday, July 26, 2006

walking west on 38th street

Jerome took me to the Indianapolis Art Museum where we stood on the glass floor
held up by thousands of little plastic people... don't ya feel it? We are shouldering
holding up something that we can't see, sell, smell, an entire culture depends on us.
Don't you feel it? I love it. The glass floor says so much to me. I stood on it.

Jerome took me home from the Indianapolis Art Museum the long way home.
There was a pictureques about it. Winding roads lined with trees. The near westside
which I am not familiar with. I grew impatient. He wanted to watch the sunset.
There were clouds everywhere. Thick grey clouds blocking any color from a sunset.
Say what? ok. At this time I don't recall what we stumbled upon while scouting around
about a round-off of 38th street which is heavily under construction. It has been
a dangerous, dirty and confusing time. Thank Gods I am a seasoned driver.
No little ol lady from Pasadena... I drive to get there and allow for the car in front of me
to have a blow-out. Jerome didn't seem to know his way around town. We got home.

I mention this because, the other day
when I was on my way due west on 38th street.
I walked to the store, familiarizing myself with the variety of businesses...
(anticipating a community enlivened by a Parade on 38th street when the
years long construction -- the road refinishing is Finished)

It was sunset time. It was cloudy. I was looking at the clouds when a flash of
lightening behind the clouds lit up the sky to show red, and pink behind the clouds
along with the bolt from heavens above ... through the clouds . thanks for suggesting
I would see such a thing... feeling like one of those Indians on the shore while
Columbus was in a ship...but they couldn't see the ship cause they had never seen such a
thing. The sunset through clouds. wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home