Sunday, July 16, 2006

ideas on potential shifts in viewpoints, motivations

You might check out "The Spell of the Sensuous" by David Abram
for views of our modern plight:

thanks had that book some years ago... a friend in Colorado suggested it.
she lived in Boulder and had access to reading groups of some
meaning... oh what the hell, I am still giving Indy fits.
today while walking to the drugstore, a youngster, pre-teen
walked out of her house to a car
and yelling like a banshee about how hot it was/is.

I had been enjoying the strong breezes.

seemed to me
that ghetto blaster mouth didn't have a clue what she was talking about.
there were wonderful breezes all around. It isn't really that hot.
I barely broke a sweat on my 6-7 block walk.

and there are lots of things to see and smell and enjoy in this older neighborhood.
besides kids that don't know how fortunate they are... later.

yeah I enjoyed Abrams... his book was among those stolen when I lived in
Arizona. I didn't get a chance to finish it nor was there anyone around
(in Indy)to discuss it with... love june

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home