Saturday, September 30, 2006

spring into summer at summer into fall

I had four or five opportunities held open for tonight
and I found myself aloft with myself
picked through projects collecting
in piles of intent all over the bedroom, and dining room
and along comes my son from British Columbia with
a notebook of mine from Brasil ...
I ran across this letter to him
and it has been a holiday to read .. I feel fairly coherent
in this note and I remember how hot it was...
as hot as a day in Indy when gunshots go off
hotter.

Hello Honey Bunny Sunny

I'm looking @ lots of literature. The tourist bureau of
Blumenau (city), Santa Catarina (state) gave me a
book in Portuguese and English of
this unique German city in southern Brasil
(where the highest recorded temerature in 1988 -- 42C) (whew)

25% of the population is Italian --
So one hears Portuguese, German & Italian.
Commonly folks speak two of these.
I wanted to send you a web site and though they are striving
developing a computer
business/industry and have email addresses--
they don't have a web site!

Dear, when I remember you
coming home from your 1st computer
class. I wonder (if the teacher had sung ... changing the terror tenor)
Your Telling me the teacher was stupid (expressing frustration)
--she spent the whole time
saying not to be afraid of the
computer... in my heart I reframe that moment.
Sit beside you on the sofa my arm around the boy
and remark... You are very bright.

Brasil is a country where the young folks
leave for awhile -- a year/two
to make money While Bluemenau
looks prosperous the average income
is around $6,000 U.S. The standard of
living however is Not impoverished.
and there is narry a whiff of pot
in the air. They simply don't put
their time or money there. Rice and beans.
Also they are REQUIRED TO VOTE
Everyone. the geography is not
B.C. yet the landscape is so many
hils, muntains, waterfalls--
I've been in 4 different states in the waterfalls--Fantastic.
I'm headed back up north--1st stop Curitiba
2 1/2 million folks. Jeezy Curitib
doesn't have a site either! Caldas Novas
does. Ouro Preto does. I just suggest
for a change of pace. Vacation/volunteer
web site help--learn another culture
this is the place--coming out of it
with the sure knowledge 'grace folks are
simply good with some assholes to help you find your own.

I'm headed up north where it is
muito quente (pronounced kanchea)
and tell you I don't know I can stay
til mid-January - so hot - I'm determined
to sit some of each day in the waterfalls
to revive me enough to take a nap during
the hottest part--I'm melting

Trust the man mentioned trust
Can I be in your club?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home