Sunday, June 25, 2006

during rainy season it took me two weeks to see the sky.
those are clouds I thought. while I was out in the country away from city lights
I checked for shooting stars to make wishes
at a loss for what to wish for... is peaceful and lovely and I learned some stuff
suppose. how to pee on the ground rather than chance the
speed bumps on the uphill path to the outhouse.
(sawdust toilet)
it took two weeks for me to see the clouds in the sky were the
same clouds every night ... The Milky Way.
I did see two shooting stars and left the wishes buried in my soul
I made a wish finally on another shooting star... which turned out to be
A Bugs Butt. wishing on fireflies

This day I breathe in memories of San Miguel de Allende and
all the wonderful, exasperating, generous, spiritual and creative
folks residing there; many I met while at the IRON HOUSE HOSTEL.
Matthew was one. During the week many worked on an organic farm, they
came to town several times a month to shower, party, be in a bed, -- an ethics exposure -- building with organic materials -- cow dung and mud
made buildings and bridges. I enjoyed them.


this poem from a 26 year old red headed
Newfoundlander living in a tent learning
organic farming and building plastic bag dirt houses.
Mr. Matthew Cook

Ashes

In an attempt to smother a great fire
they imprisoned her.

10 years.

The sentence for having conviction.

They starved her of ink,
and paper,
And smother she did.

Yet ashes were her strength.

With matchsticks and cigarette papers,
she held onto sanity,
by smuggling these prayers
beyond their boundaries.

for 10 years

Never published,
the words were never trapped between some elses covers

They floated out of prison walls,
to dance their way across the wind.
Like ashes do.
***************

least I forget the three days no one was at Iron House;
Ricardo was visiting his friends in Texas. I was sick.
I didn't move for three days. On the third day I walked three blocks to the
doctor. The fellow I was seeing, kissing, loving being with
was not around at the time and he wrote me perhaps I had thyphoid... he had
learned of five folks who had gotten it. ... oh dear. I have a life of
being self-innoculated against a mountain range of discomforts.
Not that I am invincible. Hardly. This fellow turned me into a nun.
I don't want to be kissed unless it's this truly unexplainable man.
who inspired this response to his 'concern'

compared to Alice steppin into the honeybunney trail
and then falling through that hole
the steppin is stickin
the fallin is ballin
the rainy season in SMA is right on TIME

saw a movie bout IRA
simply Irish... have another beer.
little yeastie boys
and then along came the name of McDermott
and had I a penis It would have become a mast... mask. blast.
should I quiet down or emerge the clown just dont shot me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home