Tuesday, June 27, 2006

the wall on 49th street; the exterior north facing wall of a brick
building on the corner of 49th and College Avenue in Indianapolis;
that wall once titled itself Anarchist Bookstore.
When I lived there off College Avenue and off 52nd Street...

I worked at the Post Office and was a student at the city University,
and didn't have any idea what Anarchist meant.
Looked close to Christ to me.
anyway...

the wall on 49th Street once displayed a 2 story high graffiti titled:
White Man's Law doesn't Stop Violence against Wombmen...
it was decorated with venus symbols and a warrior rune
other suggestions of strength and energy...

by the way... the warrior rune is the basis of the
peace symbol of the nuclear age...
the warrior/protection rune
in the peace symbol is upside down and enclosed.
yep...

we call the nuclear arms race an upside down
venture toward protection... for the protection is from ourselves
and we are all in this together... the protection enclosed
see it for what it is...

I never asked Racquel if she had help.
Like a Ladder?
She had a wealth of experience with this behavior;
encouraged by 'watchers'.

Now My Brother is working on that building.
Behind the wall.
Pray on it.
Wish on it. I wish we didn't need
laws against violence... I wish it was unthinkable and transformable;
and not nearly so entertaining.

And I am remembering a ring I once owned,
some relative gifted me with the ring.
a silver and tourquiese ring from the 50's southwest..
A relative's visit to the desert before the highway system and
before air-conditioning. Before Las Vegas.

After the Lost Dutchman's Mine. (a story of an uncle:
prospectors for gold thought this uncle had found the
famous Lost Dutchman's Mine... killed him for the map to it..
took the shack apart board by board and couldn't find the map.
The law found them)

It was pointed out to me the significance of the symbols on the ring...
A native american -- active in forestalling the demise of
her culture told me the ring was made by the tribe
which had no word for war or violence...

The Wall. I never took 49th Street before.
To get from College Avenue to Central Avenue going south...
I took 54th or 46th. This day I took 49th Street and there
standing on the corner consulting with other fellows
dressed for dirty work
sprucing and remodeling the old brick corner building
stood my brother.

I have boundaries. I haven't anything
to do with my brother for over a decades' time. be that as it may.
I parked the car. Crossed the street. Made eye contact & gave him
a hug. Traded contact information.
Saying easily: "don't go there."

Later on he surrendered his roost pork for my dinner.
Excellent. Barry always was a good cook.

Dear Lord there could be healing in that wall...
and it aches when we feel the pain leave. Breathe and smile.




Pray on it, wish on it... believe it? Love is stronger than _____________--
Love is all there really is...
sin cera love june

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home